Friday 25 April 2014

Chocolate Banana Muffins




My children and I had the most fantastic Easter holidays this year. We  were relaxed and happy and had loads and loads of fantastic fun family days out.  We were lucky we had the good weather but on a couple of days it was rainy and we had to find things to do at home.

One thing my kids like to do is bake, now baking isn’t my strong point and normally my cakes are better for using as building blocks than for eating. But this time we had success making these delicious chocolate banana muffins, recipe courtesy of…..well me actually 

I’m sharing the recipe with you because if I can make them anyone can….. enjoy.

You will need:
100g Butter
225g self raising flour
100g golden caster sugar
150g (at least) block of chocolate…I used dairy milk.
2 eggs
2 tablespoons honey
3 bananas- as ripe as possible.

This is how you do it
  1.   Pre-heat the oven – 180C, 350F, gas mark 4
  2.   Rub the butter and flour together until they are like breadcrumbs.
  3.   Chop the chocolate into small chunks and add it to the mixture.
  4. Add the sugar, eggs and honey- give it a stir
  5. Mash the bananas and add them- give it another stir.
  6. I have a very awesome Pampered Chef square muffin tin that doesn’t need any grease and is still non stick, if you have something like this you can use it, otherwise pop the mixture into muffin cases in a regular muffin tin.
  7. Bake for about 15 mins.
  8. Eat…yummy yum yum…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and encouragement.