My ex husband reccently sent me an email that ended with the line:
“You are a spiteful and hateful person and I really hope that someone finally sees you for what you are.”
Well I have news for you ex…. Not only is everyone finally starting to see me for what I really am but so am I. I am not the things you always told me I am, the things I started to believe, the things I started to become….
· I am not an argumentative bitch who rubs everyone up the wrong way just to get a reaction (and therefore deserving of physical violence) and in fact the confrontational side of my nature seems to have vanished completely now I am not bottling up anger at being mistreated.
· I am not a dizzy bimbo not as intelligent as my ‘clever husband’ I am not only intelligent, thoughtful and able to formulate my own opinions but I’m also someone who learns from my mistakes and reaches for personal growth.
· I’m not an out of touch pie in the sky dreamer full of completely
stupid ideas that will never work in the real world; I am a creative innovative ambitious independent woman who can achieve anything she puts her mind to.
· I am not a selfish cow who always has to have her own way, I am a kind and considerate good friend, and even more so now that nobody is getting in the way of my friendships
· I’m not a dirty, lazy bad wife and mother with low standards. I am a hardworking mum who always puts her children first and given how awesome my children are I’d say I’m not doing too bad a job.
· I’m not a ‘love you or hate you’ kind of person who most people hate. I’m actually just a nice normal regular person who lots of people really care about, and not living my life paranoid about them hating me is making me able to see that much clearer.
· I’m not ‘fat’ or ‘saggy’ I haven’t ‘let myself go’ I like to wear pj’s at night because I like to be comfortable and whilst busting my ass off in the gym to be a bit more toned just ain’t my bag I’m still attractive because beauty is more than skin deep. I don’t need to dye my hair blonde or wear certain clothes to attract and keep a man, my sizzling personality is enough to do that (that and my cool purple hair and stylish dm’s!)
· I’m not spiteful or hateful. I am trusting, fun loving, passionate, optimistic and focused on the positive. I also have a deep drive to care for and rescue those who may be vulnerable or hurting and this is what left me open to abuse.
More than any of this I am God’s daughter. I am made in his image and am just how he created me to be. He’s not finished with me, I’m his work in progress but I am not a failure, I’m a masterpiece and you, well you’re going to have a lot to answer for when you come face to face with my father because I did not deserve to be treated the way you treated me.